Service and Support Options
Hereditary angioedema (HAE) attacks are unpredictable and can be severe. Immediate access to on-demand treatment for acute HAE attacks is critical to your KALBITOR®(ecallantide) patients. When you prescribe KALBITOR, you and your patients automatically receive the comprehensive support of KALBITOR Care to help you arrange a complete treatment plan for your patients. Our services are provided through KALBITOR Access® and include:
- KALBITOR home delivery. Patients with HAE who have prescriptions for KALBITOR can have it shipped directly to their homes. Patients can then bring KALBITOR with them to a treatment center that was selected and set up in advance to be treated by a healthcare professional during an acute HAE attack. KALBITOR is not approved for self-administration.
- Personalized nurse support. When you enroll your patient in KALBITOR Access, they will be assigned to a personal nurse, who will ensure that your patient receives the appropriate support throughout their experience with KALBITOR.
- Health insurance support and research. Our health insurance specialists will research your patients’ health insurance benefits to identify their coverage for KALBITOR treatment and documentation requirements. If documentation or an appeal is required, our staff will work with your office to coordinate the health plan approval.
- Financial assistance. All patients are evaluated for financial assistance. Qualified patients may be eligible for the following:
- KALBITOR free of charge
- Charitable foundation assistance to subsidize the cost of health insurance premiums and copay assistance.
- Expanded Copayment Assistance and KALBITORSM Debit Card Programs: With a swipe of a pre-paid debit card, eligible patients with a KALBITOR prescription for on-demand treatment of acute HAE attacks may receive financial assistance for treatment-related expenses not currently covered by health insurance, including copayment, co-insurance, and/or deductibles, as well as transportation costs to and from the treatment site.
- Billing/coding support. KALBITOR Access can provide billing and coding support for your office staff whether you stock the drug through the Specialty Pharmacy (also referred to as patient-specific, or patient-named, product) or the buy-and-bill option.
- KALBITOR Extended Payment Program for Physicians
- KALBITOR Home Infusion ServicesSM: Eligible patients have the option to receive KALBITOR subcutaneous injection treatment in their own homes, administered by an experienced infusion nurse. KALBITOR Home Infusion Services is not appropriate for treating laryngeal attacks. KALBITOR Home Infusion Services can also provide:
KALBITOR is not approved for self-administration and should only be administered by a healthcare professional with appropriate medical support to manage anaphylaxis and HAE.
KALBITOR Home Infusion Services is administered by a third party infusion services provider. Dyax Corp. does not provide home infusion services.
As part of KALBITOR Care, a dedicated program staff of health insurance specialists and nurses is available to you and your patients at 1-888-4KALBITOR (1-888-452-5248), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To ensure KALBITOR is available to treat your HAE patient's next attack, enroll your patient in KALBITOR Access. Click here for more information on enrolling a patient.