This Policy applies to residents of the United States.
Why does Dyax need personal information?
As part of its overall mission, Dyax endeavors to understand the specific needs and preferences of individuals. We use personal information to identify these needs and preferences in order to help us design the informational, educational and support services for you.
What type of information does Dyax collect?
We only collect information that you voluntarily provide to us. If you choose to participate in certain programs and activities conducted by Dyax, we may collect "personally identifiable information" from you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address that could be used to contact you. When this information is combined with any information on your health or medical status (pursuant to all applicable laws), we refer to the resulting information as "health-related personal information." You may choose at any time not to provide personally identifiable information or health-related personal information, although this may restrict your ability to participate in certain programs and activities conducted by Dyax, as well as to provide requested services or information. The following are examples of when we may request personally identifiable information and/or health-related personal information that you may voluntarily provide to us and how we use it.
- Registration: If you complete a registration form that we e-mail to you or that you obtain from our Website, we will use the personally identifiable information and/or health-related personal information in such forms to process your request for services and information. Personally identifiable information and health-related personal information may also be used if you request to receive certain information from Dyax. We may use this information to send you a welcome email; to verify your username and password; to provide information about Website updates, special offers; and to provide other responsive information to the data you share with us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and create customized offers, information, and services tailored to your interests and preferences.
- Notifications and Newsletters: We may use information obtained from you, such as contact information (name and email address), to complete your submitted request to receive specific company information, such as e-mail notifications, literature requests, and newsletter subscriptions.
- Information for Referrals: If you elect to use our referral services and provide information for us to contact a family member or friend, we may use the personally identifiable information obtained from you regarding your family member or friend to send them a one-time request inviting them to visit our Website or otherwise contact us for further information. Personally identifiable information provided by you may also be used to inform the recipient of your name. We may store this information for the purpose of sending this invitation.
In addition to personally identifiable information and health-related personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, we may collect the following additional information from anyone who visits our Website through the internet.
- IP Address: We record the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer when you visit our site. The IP address does not identify you personally, but it does allow us to maintain communications with you as you move about our site.
- Cookies: We also collect information about your use of our site through cookies and similar technology. A "cookie" is a unique numeric code that we transfer to your computer so that we can keep track of your interests and preferences and recognize you as a return visitor to our site. Cookie technology allows us to collect certain data which reflects your activities on the site, including your interest in certain health care conditions. A cookie does not collect or keep your name or other personal identifying information, but when you revisit our site the cookie allows us to bring you the content and features likely to be of greatest interest to you based on your previous activities on our site.
How will Dyax protect my personal information?
To prevent unauthorized access and ensure proper use of your personally identifiable information and health-related personal information, Dyax employs appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Furthermore, all personally identifiable information and health-related personal information we obtain is retained for no longer than is necessary, depending on the purpose for which it is held.
Will Dyax share my personal information with others?
We may also disclose your personally identifiable information and/or health-related personal information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority (such as reporting safety information to the Food and Drug Administration). We may disclose or be required to disclose personally identifiable information and/or health-related personal information in the event our company is merged or acquired to the merger or acquiring entity.
We do not sell, loan, trade, lease or otherwise disseminate any personally identifiable information or health-related personal information that we collect.
What is Dyax's contact address for privacy questions?
Should you have questions about this policy or Dyax's information collection, use and disclosure practices, you may contact us via email at the following address: email@example.com. Alternatively you may send a letter to the following address:
55 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803-2756
If you would like to delete or amend your personal information and are contacting us by e-mail, please put "Deletion Request" or "Amendment Request" as applicable in the subject line of the email. We will use our best efforts to respond promptly to requests, questions or concerns you may have regarding our use of personal information about you. Except where required by law, Dyax cannot ensure a response to questions or comments regarding topics unrelated to this policy or Dyax's privacy practices.
Dyax does not knowingly use its website or other online tools to collect personally identifiable information or health-related personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information through the Dyax website about a child under the age of 13 we will delete that information. If you are under the age of 13 and wish to register online to obtain further information or be included in an online survey, your parent or legal guardian must register.
Links to Third Party Sites
Right to Know and Opt-Out
We reserve the right to send you specific notices about your account or to contact you if required by law. You may also receive, with your prior consent, periodic site newsletters by email. Additional information about our other services and products will be sent to you only if you have expressly chosen to receive such information. If you do not wish to receive site newsletters or additional information you may remove yourself from communication lists easily by contacting us at the following address:
55 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803-2756
Dated: December 18, 2009